Client Accounting Manager
Rochester / Syracuse / Virtual
We are looking for a high-energy individual to join our crew in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing accounting services to customers, enjoys variety, is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring high-performing, dynamic, collaborative people who want to work together to get things done and build something great!
hiline is a tech-enabled accounting firm providing an array of cloud accounting services, including our Virtual CFO model. Our company mission is to Imagine a world where small and midsize businesses (SMBs) become the driving force that refuels the economy. We do this by helping today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our customers. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting industry can be while providing a premium customer experience.
Our company’s vision for our culture says it all – it is who we are, what we value and how we strive to show up every day:
- Win as a team, trust in the team
- Radical transparency and alignment
- Candid feedback, open and honest communication
- Customer-centric mindset, empathy for our customers
- Culture of inclusivity, empathy for our employees
The Client Accounting Manager plays a pivotal role in the way we service our customers. Using a team-based approach with all our service offerings, the Client Accounting Manager is responsible for overall account management, customer service and financial reporting for a variety of companies within our portfolio. The position requires a mix of strong technical/accounting expertise, problem solving skills, a consulting and customer-centric mindset, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. Success for the role is largely determined by their customer base, using a Net Promoter Score (NPS) to measure success and performance.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Team Player & Supporter
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional squad members on tasks, offering technical expertise and support to deliver the absolute best outcomes.
- Participate in squad meetings as part of our operating model, hilineOS, which was inspired by the agile methodology.
- Collaborate with fellow Client Accounting Managers for thought partnership, problem-solving, creating standardization, partnering on initiatives/enhancements and staying up to date with industry/legislative changes.
- Support workflow management to help prioritize completion of work for customers.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve operations and enhance company standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Asks questions, offers ideas and possible solutions.
- Exhibit our company’s brand, culture, and core values.
Execution & Accountability
- Own the day-to-day servicing of customers and ensure the most valuable work is being prioritized, while maintaining internal control environment and adherence to company SOPs.
- Successfully complete work that has been committed and assigned to during planned period.
- Document future tasks in the squad worklog and communicate with the squad leader to effectively prioritize the tasks in future planned periods.
- Proactively communicate and escalate customer issues in a timely manner to the squad leader.
- Build and maintain an ongoing promoter relationship with assigned customers.
- Onboard new customers and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the process.
- Understand and demonstrate ownership of your customers’ full package of service offerings across accounting, human resources, payroll, and tax.
- Coordinate, prepare for, and run customer finance meetings, both in-person and via video.
- Identify in-scope and out-of-scope work for customers (based on current tier of service) and promote special projects/consulting opportunities based on interactions, inquiries and understanding of customer needs.
- Continuously demonstrate a customer-centric mindset.
- Account manager for a variety of customers across multiple industries.
- Manage month-end closing process for customers.
- Review, understand and analyze financial reporting (i.e., Balance Sheet, P&L, Cashflow, etc.) for your customers.
- Help to oversee Cloud Accounting Specialists in servicing customers and prioritizing work.
- Budgeting and forecasting for your customers.
- Cashflow management for your customers.
- Financial planning and analysis.
- Lead and contribute to special projects periodically.
- External communication with customers and at times other stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER ABILITIES
- 3+ years in corporate finance, public accounting, or consulting environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess strong account management and stakeholder management skills, with a passion for customer success.
- Must be able to think outside the box, effectively problem solve and collaborate with others with an eye to potential solutions.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize effectively, manage time and projects effectively.
- Commitment and ability to meet critical business deadlines.
- Tech-savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is preferred.
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties.
Compensation & Benefits Summary
Full Time Position
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!