Client Accounting Manager
Rochester / Syracuse / Virtual
We recently launched our new hiline brand and are looking for someone to join our crew in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for someone who enjoys variety, loves to geek out to financial data and is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring intelligent, dynamic, passionate people who want to work together to get things done!
Hiline, powered by Gardner & Capparelli, is a tech-enabled accounting firm providing an array of cloud accounting services, including our virtual CFO model. We exist to help today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our clients. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting industry can be while providing a premium customer experience for our clients.
Our company’s core values say it all – it is who we are and how we show up every day:
Reputation Over Profits: Always do the right thing, be a good person.
Passion for Client Success: Love what you do. Treat your client’s business like your own.
Enjoyment and fun: Life’s too short not to enjoy it!
Hunger and humility: No matter the success we see in the future, we must remain growth driven and forward thinking.
Work-life Integration: An approach that creates more synergies between all areas that define ‘life’: work, home & family, community, personal well-being, and health.
The Client Accounting Manager plays a pivotal role in the way we service our clients. Using a team-based approach with all our service offerings, the Client Accounting Manager would be responsible for overall client account management, customer service and financial reporting for a variety of companies within our portfolio. The position requires a healthy mix of technical accounting knowhow, a consulting and customer- centric mind-set, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. The Client Accounting Managers success will be largely determined by their client base, using a Net Promoter Score (NPS) to measure success and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding and demonstrating ownership of your clients’ full package of service offerings, including collaborating with internal teams on accounting, finance, human resources, payroll, and tax needs.
- Account management for a variety of clients across multiple industries.
- Supervision of Cloud Accounting Specialists on your client teams.
- Coordinate and run client finance team meetings for your clients with appropriate cadence.
- Management of the month-end closing process for your client teams.
- Review, understand and analyze financial reporting for your clients.
- Budgeting and forecasting for your clients.
- Cashflow management for your clients.
- Maintaining internal control environment and adherence to company SOPs for your client teams.
- Financial planning and analysis.
- Lead and contribute to special projects periodically.
- External communication with clients and at times other stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- 3+ years in corporate finance, public accounting, or consulting environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to think outside the box, with an eye to potential solutions.
- Must be well organized, and able to manage time and projects effectively.
- Tech-savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is required.
Compensation & Benefits Summary
Full Time Position
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!