Rochester / Syracuse
We recently launched our new hiline brand and are looking for someone to join our crew in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for a high-energy leader who is passionate about providing HR services to clients, enjoys variety, and is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring intelligent, dynamic, passionate people who want to work together to get things done!
hiline, powered by Gardner & Capparelli, is a tech-enabled accounting and HR firm providing an array of cloud accounting services, including our virtual CFO model. We exist to help today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our clients. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting industry can be while providing a premium customer experience for our clients.
Our company’s core values say it all – it is who we are and how we show up every day:
Reputation Over Profits: Always do the right thing, be a good person.
Passion for Client Success: Love what you do. Treat your client’s business like your own.
Enjoyment and fun: Life’s too short not to enjoy it!
Hunger and humility: No matter the success we see in the future, we must remain growth driven and forward thinking.
Work-life Integration: An approach that creates more synergies between all areas that define ‘life’: work, home & family, community, personal well-being, and health.
The HR Generalist plays a pivotal role in the way we service our clients. Using a team-based approach with all our service offerings, the HR Generalist is responsible for effectively delivering HR and payroll services to multiple clients within our portfolio across a variety of industries. The position requires a healthy mix of technical HR knowhow, a consulting and customer-centric mind-set, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. The HR Generalist success will be largely determined by their client base, using a Net Promoter Score (NPS) to measure success and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding and demonstrating ownership of clients’ HR service offerings and collaborating with internal teams to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Deliver HR services across a variety of clients across multiple industries and states.
- Facilitate client HR questions and projects involving employee relations, new hire onboarding, compensation review, performance management, audits, HR platform training, overall compliance and policy development.
- Manage general human resources duties, such as payroll, benefits, training structuring statutory and voluntary employee benefits programs, conducting open enrollments, administering leave of absence requests for FMLA, PFL, Disability, Workers Compensation and training.
- Support clients in benefit consulting projects as needed.
- Assist our clients with various HR-related needs with a focus on compliance and best practices.
- Identify and provide guidance on compliance issues related to FLSA, EEO & ADA.
- Coordinate and run client HR team meetings for your clients with appropriate cadence.
- Maintaining internal control environment and adherence to company SOPs from an HR compliance standpoint.
- Onboard new clients and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the process.
- Stay current with all federal and multi state specific regulations and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Review and make recommendations to leadership for improvements to clients’ HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Lead and contribute to special projects periodically.
- External communication with clients and at times other stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- 5-7+ years of HR experience.
- Experience with HRIS, payroll and benefits systems.
- PHR preferred (or SHRM-CP).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a passion for helping clients identify and solve problems.
- Must be able to think outside the box, with an eye to potential solutions.
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize effectively and help others to prioritize, manage time and projects effectively.
Compensation & Benefits Summary
Full Time Position
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!