Rochester / Syracuse / Virtual
We are looking for a high-energy individual to join our crew in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing HR/payroll services to clients, enjoys variety, and is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring high-performing, dynamic, collaborative people who want to work together to get things done and build something great!
hiline is a tech-enabled accounting firm providing an array of cloud accounting, tax and HR services to clients. Our company mission is to Imagine a world where small and midsize businesses (SMBs) become the driving force that refuels the economy. We do this by helping today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our clients. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting and HR industries can be while providing a premium customer experience for our clients.
Our company’s vision for our culture says it all – it is who we are, what we value and how we strive to show up every day:
• Win as a team, trust in the team
• Radical transparency and alignment
• Candid feedback, open and honest communication
• Customer-centric mindset, empathy for our clients
• Culture of inclusivity, empathy for our employees
The HR/Payroll Specialist plays a pivotal role in the way we service our clients. Using a team-based approach with all our service offerings, the HR/Payroll Specialist works closely with our HR Generalists, to effectively deliver HR and payroll services to clients within our portfolio across a variety of industries. The position requires a healthy mix of technical HR knowhow, a customer-centric mindset, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. Success for the HR/Payroll Specialist role will be largely determined by their client base, using a Net Promoter Score (NPS) to measure success and performance.
Areas of Responsibility
- • Run payroll cycles for all clients within our portfolio, ensuring accuracy and adherence to deadlines.
• Respond to client payroll inquiries, ensure payroll issues are escalated appropriately and resolved promptly.
• Maintain employee data across HR lifecycle (i.e., new hires, pay rate changes, separations, deductions, garnishments, paid time off, etc.)
• Monitor and maintain the integrity of payroll and employee information primarily in Gusto, our preferred HRIS platform.
• Understand clients’ HR service offerings and collaborate with internal teams to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Assist the HR Generalist in delivering HR services to clients across multiple industries and states.
• Assist the HR Generalist in addressing client HR questions and projects involving employee relations, new hire onboarding, compensation review, performance management, audits, HR platform training, overall compliance and policy development.
• Help to manage general HR duties, such as payroll, benefits, training structuring statutory and voluntary employee benefits programs, open enrollments, administering leave of absence requests for FMLA, PFL, Disability, Workers Compensation and training.
• Assist the HR Generalist in benefit consulting projects for clients as needed.
• Assist our clients with various HR-related needs with a focus on compliance and best practices.
• Identify and provide guidance on compliance issues related to FLSA, EEO & ADA.
• Support new client onboardings and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the process.
• Participate in HR meetings with clients as needed.
• Maintaining internal control environment and adherence to company SOPs from an HR compliance standpoint.
• Stay current with all federal and multi state specific regulations and ensure ongoing compliance.
• Review and make recommendations to leadership for improvements to clients’ HR policies, procedures and practices.
• Lead and contribute to special projects periodically.
• External communication with clients and at times other stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER ABILITIES
• 3-5+ years of HR/Payroll experience.
• Tech-savvy with experience in cloud-based HRIS, payroll and benefits systems. Experience with Gusto HR Platform is preferred.
• Knowledge of payroll and employment laws, practices and procedures.
• Proficient in pre-tax and post-tax payroll deductions.
• Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
• Must be able to prioritize effectively, manage time and complete tasks/projects effectively.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to think outside the box, with an eye to potential solutions.
• Must possess strong stakeholder management skills and a passion for client success.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate with others and work in a team.
• Commitment and ability to meet critical business deadlines.
• Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties.
Compensation & Benefits Summary
Full Time Position
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!