Rochester / Syracuse
We are looking for a high-energy tax professional to join our crew in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for someone who is all about continuous improvement, providing premium customer service and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring intelligent, dynamic, collaborative people who want to work together to get things done and build something great!
Gardner & Capparelli, together with our recently launched hiline brand, is a tech-enabled accounting firm providing an array of cloud accounting and tax services, including our Virtual CFO model. We exist to help today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our clients. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting industry can be while providing a premium customer experience for our clients.
Our core values say it all – it is who we are and how we show up every day:
Reputation Over Profits: Always do the right thing, be a good person.
Passion for Client Success: Love what you do. Treat your client’s business like your own.
Enjoyment and fun: Life’s too short not to enjoy it!
Hunger and humility: No matter the success we see in the future, we must remain growth driven and forward thinking.
Work-life Integration: An approach that creates more synergies between all areas that define ‘life’: work, home & family, community, personal well-being, and health.
The Tax Supervisor is a key role within our company that is focused on servicing our accounting and tax clients as efficiently and effectively as possible. The position requires a mix of strong technical accounting/tax expertise, problem solving skills, a consulting and customer-centric mind-set, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. The Tax Supervisor fosters motivation and helps to uphold the company’s core values and brand. The success of the role is largely determined by the effectiveness and satisfaction of the clients they service, as measured by operating performance metrics and customer Net Promoter Score (NPS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare individual & business tax returns accurately for filing in a timely manner.
- Prepare sales tax filings for hiline clients.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis to gather insights and identify tax saving opportunities.
- Collaborate daily with the hiline team to effectively deliver tax services to our clients while maintaining the internal control environment and adherence to company standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Be a technical resource and problem solver for team members and provide guidance on a regular basis.
- Ensure that client issues and questions are resolved in a timely manner and escalated to the Managing Director of Gardner & Capparelli PLLC and COO when needed.
- Communicate with clients, business stakeholders and financial institutions on a regular basis.
- Represent the company and our clients in the management of banking relationships and/or dealing with investors.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve operations and enhance company SOPs.
- Contribute to special projects at the request of the CEO, COO, and Managing Director of Gardner & Capparelli PLLC.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- 5-7 years in public and/or private accounting performing individual & business tax preparation.
- Active CPA is preferred, with strong understanding of tax codes and laws.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to think outside the box, effectively problem solve and collaborate with others with an eye to potential solutions.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Able to prioritize, manage time and projects effectively.
- Commitment and ability to meet critical business deadlines.
- Professional confidentiality.
- Tech-savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Attestation experience is preferred.
- Sales and use tax experience is preferred.
- Construction, software, technology and professional services experience is preferred.
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties.
Compensation & Benefits Summary
Full Time Position
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!