Cloud Accounting Specialist
Rochester / Syracuse / Virtual
We are looking for a high-energy individual to join our crew in this exciting growth phase for our company! We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing accounting services to customers, enjoys variety, is all about continuous improvement and thinking outside the box. We are not like most companies. We do not believe in rigid structure and prefer instead to focus on hiring high-performing, dynamic, collaborative people who want to work together to get things done and build something great!
hiline is a tech-enabled accounting firm providing an array of cloud accounting services, including our Virtual CFO model. Our company mission is to Imagine a world where small and midsize businesses (SMBs) become the driving force that refuels the economy. We do this by helping today’s entrepreneurs get where they want to go faster by freeing them up to focus on what matters to them. To be the strategic partner for our customers. And to make it all possible, we are reimagining what the accounting industry can be while providing a premium customer experience.
Our company’s vision for our culture says it all – it is who we are, what we value and how we strive to show up every day:
- Win as a team, trust in the team
- Radical transparency and alignment
- Candid feedback, open and honest communication
- Customer-centric mindset, empathy for our customers
- Culture of inclusivity, empathy for our employees
The Cloud Accounting Specialist plays a pivotal role in the way we service our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping services for a variety of clients.
- Month-end close procedures, including account reconciliations for a variety of clients.
- Preparing monthly financial reports.
- Managing accounts payable workflow for a variety of clients.
- Managing receipt retention and employee expenses for a variety of clients.
- Managing sales tax and 1099 filing requirements for a variety of clients.
- Working closely with Client Accounting Managers on cashflow management, budgeting, special projects, and other client needs as they arise.
- External communication with clients, vendors and at times other stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Must be motivated, focused and diligent to ensure success in a virtual environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to think outside the box, with an eye to potential solutions.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, well organized, and able to manage time and projects effectively.
- Tech-savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online is required.
Compensation & Benefits Summary
Full Time Position
Interested in Working with Us?
Use the contact form to apply, today!